Administrative Assistant | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls, greeting visitors, overseeing all front office activities, including the reception area, mailroom and kitchen.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently answering company phones, screening, directing and transferring callers to the appropriate department and associate. Taking phone messages and relaying to staff as needed. Checking company voicemail left on off hours.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to office, email addresses, company website and other related information.
- Greets and welcomes guests at front door and alerts MLS employee of visitor’s arrival.
- Responsible for company answering machine and directory.
- Responsible for updating company phone lists and directories as needed.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Manages mailroom/copy room supplies, inventory, organization and equipment.
- Coordinate, order, receive and distribution of office supplies needs for all departments.
- Maintain cleanliness of front desk and kitchen areas.
- Restocks snacks and beverages throughout office and Vis Suite, ensuring needed items are available for meetings and other office visits; manages ordering on ongoing basis.
- Coordinates ACM and CMA voting, partnering with appropriate department as required.
- Assists with filing, emails, meeting minutes and other administrative duties.
- Must be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively and independently with a positive attitude.
- Project a positive company image at all times.
- Employ discretion and sensitivity with confidential information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to two years of experience in an administrative position.
- Competent in both PC and MAC, MS Office products, and efficient in email and other internet applications.
- Exceptional telephone, verbal and written communications skills.
- Team oriented, positive attitude with ability to multitask.
- Must be able to work 9:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday.
- Ability to use basic office equipment.
- Proven accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. without assistance.
- Oral communication via telephone and in person.
- Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods.