Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Specialist | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
This position will be responsible for assisting the Finance Department with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, billing/accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash receipts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all billing related tasks, including invoicing, monthly statements, and Accounts Receivable management and reporting.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable, including entering and paying invoices on time and reconciling to vendor statements.
- Responsible for posting and depositing cash receipts.
- Responsible for timely sales and use tax filings, business licenses, annual reports, etc. to ensure compliance in all areas.
- Assist with period-end accounting tasks including account reconciliations/adjustments and other tasks as assigned.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound judgment.
- Must be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively and independently with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Support and embody the organizations' values, goals and operating principles.
- Employ discretion and sensitivity with confidential information.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related field plus minimum of 1-2 years’ experience or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree in finance, is a plus.
- Self-starter and problem solver with tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong general knowledge of GAAP required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and meet deadlines.
- One to Two years’ experience with Dynamics GP.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Dynamics GP.
- Demonstrated problem solving and people skills.
- Proven accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written skills required.
- Position may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Oral communication via telephone and in person.
- Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods.
If you are interested in the position, please email your information to email@example.com.