Audio Department Manager | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
To bring together multiple facets in order to consistently and quickly create, implement and deploy unified audio packages for clients. Aspects include: system design, personnel management, training and inventory management.
The Audio Manager relies on a detailed analysis of the needs of the client, and will collaborate with the General Manager and Account Manager(s) to ultimately deploy a quality product with quality people that fit the needs of the customer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with General Manager and Account Managers to design audio systems.
- Task audio technicians and interns with projects.
- Communicate job expectations while planning and monitoring job/task results.
- Coach, counsel and mentor employees.
- Develop, coordinate and enforce polices procedures and productivity standards.
- Maintain quality of service by enforcing service standards, analyzing any quality or customer service problems, implementing improvements.
- Maintain inventory system by creating and implementing policies and procedures for product tracking.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending professional trainings, reviewing professional publications, establishing and maintaining professional relationships.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Strong knowledge of current large format audio equipment and systems.
- Strong knowledge in digital audio.
- Touring and production industry experience is a must.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to build, maintain and empower a team.
- Competent in MS Office products and efficient in email and internet applications.
- Ability to learn proprietary inventory management software.
- Demonstrate problem solving and people skills.
- Accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written skills required.
- The ability to operate warehouse machinery, as well as operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Domestic travel requiring multiple night stays within and at times outside the local work area.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Oral communication via telephone and in person.
- Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods.
If interested, please submit resume to hr@ExperienceMorris.com