General Manager, Light & Sound Division | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The position of General Manager for the Light and Sound Division will be instrumental in the management and development of the Morris shop operations, working with the Operations Manager, as well as Finance, Sales, and Administration teams. This position will report to the President.
This will include the development of personnel, plans and policies, leadership, decision making, and organization. The management of assets, as well as monitoring and executing the financial and operational strategies as developed by the President and Administrative CEO. This person will collaborate with the President and upper management to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with Morris’ core vision. They will establish effective decision making processes that will enable Morris to achieve its long and short term goals and objectives throughout the company. They will participate in examining the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget, and ensuring sound controls are in place. They will increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by developing and implementing standardized programs and services.
- Experience in touring and production industry is a must.
- Inventory management systems experience.
- Competent in PC and MAC, MS Office products, Google Drive and efficient in email and internet applications.
- Experience in digital audio and video systems a plus.
- Demonstrate problem solving and people skills.
- Must have a positive, friendly demeanor.
- Accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Travel will be required for this position.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Must have clear access to Canada.