Inventory Control Specialist | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The Inventory Control Specialist is a key role in day to day operations of our warehouse. This position works closely with Operations and Account Managers with responsibility for maintaining accurate systematic versus physical inventory levels and locations in the warehouse, doing in-depth research to resolve inventory discrepancies, and performing regular cycle counts and physical inventories. Qualified candidates must be extremely detail oriented, tenacious in researching and resolving issues, and organized to ensure thorough follow through on all open items.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing and implementing processes and procedures to ensure timely and accurate inventory information within the Flex Rental software.
- Ensure all product information (dimensions, cost, weight, etc.) is entered into Flex and up to date.
- Performs all duties related to maintaining accurate inventory counts including physical inventory, inventory adjustments, reporting, physical resolution and control.
- Receives and barcodes new inventory items
- Process outgoing inventory for sales and removal from inventory
- Prepares for and conducts cycle counts on a daily basis.
- Remedies stock and location discrepancies as necessary.
- Assists in developing and implementing processes and procedures for shipping and receiving inventory in all areas of the warehouse, as needed.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound judgment.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively and independently with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Support and embody the organizations' values, goals and operating principles.
- Employ discretion and sensitivity with confidential information.
- Various other duties as assigned. This role is a very dynamic one and will be constantly evolving with the needs of the business.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business, inventory and/or production.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting, finance, or other related field is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Inventory systems.
- Experience with Flex Rental Solutions software is a plus
- Self-starter and problem solver able to adapt with change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving and people skills.
- Proven accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written skills required.
- Position may require odd hours for the completion of duties such as inventory counts after normal business hours, etc.
- Position may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Oral communication via telephone and in person.
- Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods.
If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org