Installation Engineer, Integration | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The primary job responsibilities of the Installation Engineer are to assist the Lead Installation Engineer and the Project Managers on installation job sites and shop builds. Additionally, this position serves to assist the design and engineering team prior to installation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Taking directions from project lead/crew chief and pulling the proper wire from headed location to various locations.
• Interface with External/Internal Clients.
• Installation of fabricated racks in-house or onsite at client location.
• Installation of rigging/mounting of equipment and displays.
• Installation of structured cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, RGB, HDMI, DVI and audio cables.
• Installation of all AV equipment to include: audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, sound reinforcement, control systems and all presentation systems.
• Responsible for signing out and securing inventory and non-inventory consumables per project.
• Restocking and inventory control of van equipment/consumables daily.
• Identify and assist in solving issues that will impact the project.
• Provide effective communication by supplying daily updates to Project Managers.
• Could act as Lead Technician on a project depending on size of project and technicians skill/knowledge.
• Ensure that project deliverables and milestones are met including close out documentation and punch list items.
• Installation of client systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure timely completion and maximum performance. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth while assuming a professional environment on site by self and installation teams.
• Quality control/check on finished product/projects including testing.
• Responsible for returning product to warehouse and inventory DOA.
• Follow all safety guidelines of client and company requirements.
• The ability to perform system level diagnostics, trouble shoot and report issues to Project Manager. Training will be supplied for those with less experience.
• Develop maintenance systems and SOP’s, including proper handling of paperwork and documentation.
• Work with co-workers as a team to ensure success.
• Project a positive company image at all times.
• Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
• Competent in MS Office products, and efficient in email and internet applications.
• Strong communication skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving and people skills.
• Proven accuracy in work and attention to detail.
• Professional oral and written skills required.
• Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment.
• Weekend and /or night work will be required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Domestic travel requiring multi-nights stays within and at times outside the local work area (estimated at 50% travel).
• Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Oral communication via telephone and in person.
• Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods.
If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org