Lead Installation Engineer, Integration | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The primary job responsibilities of the Integration Lead Installation Engineer are to provide supervision & execution of installation needs for projects. The Lead Installation Engineer will assist in taking the design & plan required to complete projects according to their respective contract & scope.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate & plan project timelines with Lead ProjectManager.
· Develop maintenance systems & SOP’s, including proper handling of paperwork &documentation.
· Provide project planning & documentation (cable pulls, layouts, drawings, etc.) for installationteams.
· When on-site, provide day-to-day management of installation teams, both full-time &1099.
· Identify & assist in solving issues that will impact theproject.
· Installation of fabricated racks in-house or onsite atclientlocation.
· Installation of rigging/mounting of equipment &displays.
· Installation of structured cabling - including pulling, terminating, testing network, video, & audiocables.
· Installation of all AV equipment to include: audio & videoconferencing equipment, distributed audio,digital signage, sound reinforcement, control systems & presentationsystems.
· Installation of client systems in the most efficient & effective manner to assure timely completion & maximum performance. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth while assuming a professional environment on-site by self & installationteams.
· Responsible for securing inventory & non-inventory consumables perproject.
· Restocking/inventory control of van equipment/consumablesdaily.
· Quality control/check on finished product/projects includingtesting.
· The ability to perform system level diagnostics, trouble shoot & report issues tosupervisor.
· Verify all work is done to industry & companystandards.
· Track & update progress, giving daily, detailed reports on projects to supervisor & projectteams.
· Ensure that project deliverables & milestones are met including close out documentation & punch list items.
· Identify & resolve any changes or issues that may arise during the construction phase,including coordinating change orders withsupervisor.
· Demonstrate excellent team management & leadership: ensure team members are competing work as assigned.
· Promote a team mentality within the installation staff & project a positive company image at alltimes.
· Interface with External/InternalClients.
· Responsible for client satisfaction on projects & communicating progress with customers andstaff.
· Maintain a safe and secure jobsite by following client & company safety guidelines &requirements.
· Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of thedepartment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
· Interpersonal skills & collaborativemanagement.
· Strong communicationskills.
· Demonstrated problem solving and peopleskills.
· Proven accuracy in work and attention todetail.
· Excellent ability to successfully interface with clients and handle multiple prioritiesconcurrently.
· Able to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolvingenvironment.
· Self-motivated and ability to workindependently.
· High capacity to learn andadapt.
· Dedication and commitment to get the jobdone.
· Competent in MS Office products and efficient in email and internetapplications.
· Competent to distill information from job-specific software (ArrayCalc, Vectorworks,etc.).
· Valid driver’slicense.
· Weekend and/or night work will berequired.
· Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area (estimated at 50%travel).
· Requires extensive sitting, standing andwalking.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. withoutassistance.
· Oral communication via telephone and inperson.
· Ability to view computer monitor for extendedperiods.
Commensurate with experience. This position is also eligible for a discretionary profit sharing bonus to be outlined upon hiring.
If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org