Lighting Department Manager | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
Manage and own key operations as they pertain to the Morris Light and Sound lighting departments in Nashville. Provide support where necessary for all of Morris Light and Sound’s Lighting Divisions and Departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Department Management; inventory control and maintenance, staffing departmentally for shop prep and deprep of events and tours, deployment of staff positions on tours and events.
- Responsible for asset movement as it relates to incoming and outgoing gear, including prep and de-prep as well as general office duties.
- Manage scheduling of space as needed for prep and deprep of Morris Light and Sound’s assets.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of labor including time and task management.
- Prepare quotes within Flex Rental Solutions Software for rentals as well as local shows and tours.
- Maintain job management workflows in Flex Rental Solutions Software.
- Anticipate and coordinate any and all lighting/rigging sub-rentals as they pertain to active quotes or jobs within Flex Rental Solutions.
- Take monthly inventory and place orders for all Lighting Department consumables.
- Shipping/receiving for active inventory, which includes generating shipping manifests for rentals and tours. Also generating and tracking RMA’s for damaged or broken inventory.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of the warehouse as it pertains to the lighting department, including trash removal, floor cleaning and common area cleanliness.
- Maintain efficient organization of all assets and supplies by assigning everything to a permanent storage location and ensuring these locations are used by all staff.
- Develop informed and educated purchasing strategies pertaining to equipment and materials that will help department grow and ultimately become more successful.
- Perform administrative tasks such as fixing and updating employee time cards, satisfying delinquent AR reports as they pertain to Lighting Department, answering phones calls directed to the Lighting Department.
- Draw and design lighting plots through the use of Vector Works, Cad or Sketch Up as it pertains to active quotes or jobs.
- Develop maintenance systems and SOP’s, including proper handling of paperwork and documentation.
- Work with co-workers as a team to ensure success.
- Project a positive company image at all times.
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Must have prior management experience in a lighting department for entertainment, festival, touring and corporate lighting.
- Competent in MS Office products and efficient in email and internet applications.
- Competent in 3DS, Vector Works, Sketch Up and or Cad.
- Ability to learn proprietary inventory management software.
- Demonstrated problem solving and people skills.
- Proven accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written skills required.
- Ability to operate warehouse machinery including forklifts and cranes, as well as operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Experience running crews at both entertainment and corporate shows, as well as shop technicians.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment, both inside the department and throughout the shop.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Oral communication via telephone and in person.
- Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods.
If interested, please submit resume to info@ExperienceMorris.com