Lighting Shop Technician | Nashville, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
Support Lighting Department Manager and Lead Tech in all things related to the operation of Morris Light and Sound.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as a lighting technician at the Nashville facility.
- Follow pull lists generated by department manager or lead tech.
- Ensure accuracy of all builds by using inventory management software and protocols.
- Follow all Morris Light and Sound standards and practices.
- Test and maintain all lighting equipment with the exception of moving lights.
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the Lighting Department space.
- Drive Morris Light and Sound box truck and/or van for deliveries, pickups and other errands.
- Act as lighting tech or other position for one-offs and other events.
- Work with co-workers as a team to ensure success.
- Project a positive company image at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Cable termination, soldering.
- Computer skill in Microsoft Office, Internet applications.
- Understanding of power, signal and networking.
- grandMA 2 experience a plus.
- ETCP or CM certifications a plus.
- Ability to learn inventory management software.
- Demonstrate problem solving and people skills.
- Accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate warehouse machinery including forklifts and cranes, as well as operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Oral communication via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to pass standard DOT health examination.
If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com