Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator | Nashville, TN
The Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for managing all Morris’ marketing channels including but not limited to social media, public relations support and website assistance. This individual will also facilitate the coordination of community relations to drive business objectives and build brand awareness and community growth for Morris.
Within social media, this position is responsible for content calendar creation, weekly postings, responding, tracking and monthly reporting. This position will also assist with press support including content generation, clipping of articles and tracking. This individual will participate in the growth of the company sales support strategy, which includes but is not limited to managing company promotional materials and keeping swag inventory. This person will be a catalyst for developing Morris’ community relations in Nashville by facilitating projects that display Morris’ commitment to giving back to the community. This position is entrepreneurial in nature and requires demonstrated success with and interest in digital marketing. The Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator is part of the Marketing department and reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Manages social media channels; creates social media calendars, responds, posts and conducts social media reports.
- Supports press needs with copywriting, clippings, tracking and publication organization.
- Edits and maintains corporate websites, publishing press releases, articles and updating pages as necessary.
- Provides and disseminates positive public image to the community by assisting with events and educational activities that increase visibility and brand awareness for Morris.
- Directs Morris’ interaction with the Nashville community and serves as a representative at community meetings, forums and events.
- Assists in management of company promotional materials, keeps clear and accurate inventory and collaborates in decisions for future swag orders and client gifts.
- Coordinates photography strategy to include pre-live, post-event and installations- communicating with appropriate parties as needed.
- Organizes and maintains marketing photos on Google Drive- sharing with appropriate parties as needed.
- Manages and catalogs company press; shares articles in appropriate channels and maintains ongoing reporting.
- Aids in the creation of annual marketing and communication budgets and strategies.
- Oversees production of specific marketing projects, including but not limited to quarterly reports, print pieces, videos and other special projects.
- Develops and maintains cross-departmental collaboration to support business initiatives, products and services.
- Aids in the ongoing maintenance of company social media and public relations policies.
- Supports organizational initiatives and develops communication materials and programs to promote and publicize as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, marketing, business or public relations.
- Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for managing digital channels.
- Ad/PR agency, marketing and/or communications experience.
- Excellent writing and language skills and ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and professional.
- Team player mentality with willingness to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (i.e.: content development, creation and editing of content)
- Working knowledge of marketing principles, including public relations, digital strategy and social media.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Adobe Creative Suite/graphic design experience preferred.
- Squarespace CMS management experience preferred.
- Music business, live-event, touring knowledge is advantageous.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs. without assistance.
- Oral communication via telephone and in person.
- Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods.
If you are interested in the position, please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.