Four-Day Event Across Multiple Locations Showcases Diverse Industry Capabilities
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Jan. 27, 2016)—All eyes will be on Music City over the next four days as Nashville becomes home to thousands of hockey fans during The 2016 Honda NHL® All-Star Weekend, happening January 28–31. Morris is proud to take part in the action by creating an exciting experience for fans, media and players alike through audio and lighting installations at four different locations. Managing a large number of separate projects and locations, including outdoor settings, presented a unique set of challenges that truly highlights the diverse industry capabilities of Morris.
“It is extremely rewarding to be a part of such an exciting event that gives us the opportunity to show off our home city of Nashville to local and visiting fans, as well as millions of television viewers around the world,” Morris President David Haskell said. “We have been working on this production since last summer, and we’re proud to contribute in such an integral way that allows us to showcase our event management as well as production and design services.”
From concept to execution, Morris was involved in creating the experience for:
- Bridgestone Winter Park (Ice Rink and VIP Tent) – lighting and truss design, VIP tent lighting, audio support for Movie Nights
- Intellicentrics Outdoor Concert Series – lighting design, lighting services, audio services, broadcast media coordination
- Bridgestone Arena (2016 All-Star Game and 2016 All-Star Skills Competition) – lighting design, lighting services, broadcast media coordination
- Press room – multifunctional lighting configuration, lighting design, lighting services, audio services, broadcast media coordination
- Red carpet – lighting design, lighting services, audio services, broadcast media coordination
The 2016 Honda NHL® All-Star Weekend truly showcases Morris’ event and production management capabilities, as well as audio, lighting, and design services.
“In working with the city of Nashville and the Nashville Sports Council, our goal from the beginning has been to deliver a premiere NHL® All-Star Weekend experience that is second to none,” said David Graham, Morris account manager. “In order to pull off an event of this magnitude, Morris relied on d&b audio equipment as well as Clay Paky and Vari-Lite lighting, along with our team of world-class technical experts.”
The Morris crew focused on creating an experience that thrills both the professional and casual observer while delivering the best client support in the business.
Visit the NHL’s website for more information on The 2016 Honda NHL® All-Star Weekend.